Psychedelia.dk

Velkommen til psychedelia.dk. Vi er Danmarks største community for fornuftig anvendelse af rusmidler og legalisering.
Dato og tid er 28 mar 2024 23:06

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time [DST ]

Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 3 indlæg ] 
Forfatter besked
Insane psychedelia user!
Brugeravatar

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/03/science/magic-mushrooms-psilocybin-scheduleiv.html

Citat:
Psychedelic Mushrooms Are Closer to Medicinal Use (It’s Not Just Your Imagination)

Researchers at Johns Hopkins University have suggested that psilocybin, which is found in hallucinogenic mushrooms, be reclassified from a Schedule I drug, with no known medical benefit, to a Schedule IV drug, which is akin to prescription sleeping pills.CreditCreditAnthony Devlin/PA Wire, via Associated Press
By Laura M. Holson
Oct. 3, 2018

Researchers from Johns Hopkins University have recommended that psilocybin, the active compound in hallucinogenic mushrooms, be reclassified for medical use, potentially paving the way for the psychedelic drug to one day treat depression and anxiety and help people stop smoking.

The suggestion to reclassify psilocybin from a Schedule I drug, with no known medical benefit, to a Schedule IV drug, which is akin to prescription sleeping pills, was part of a review to assess the safety and abuse of medically administered psilocybin.

Before the Food and Drug Administration can be petitioned to reclassify the drug, though, it has to clear extensive study and trials, which can take more than five years, the researchers wrote.

The analysis was published in the October print issue of Neuropharmacology, a medical journal focused on neuroscience.

The study comes as many Americans shift their attitudes toward the use of some illegal drugs. The widespread legalization of marijuana has helped demystify drug use, with many people now recognizing the medicinal benefits for those with anxiety, arthritis and other physical ailments.

Psychedelics, like LSD and psilocybin, are illegal and not approved for medical or recreational use. But in recent years scientists and consumers have begun rethinking their use to combat depression and anxiety.

“We are seeing a demographic shift, particularly among women,” said Matthew Johnson, an associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Johns Hopkins and one of the study’s authors. Among the research he has conducted, he said, “we’ve had more females in our studies.”

Microdosing, or the use of psychedelics in small, managed doses, has become a popular way to try to increase productivity and creative thinking, particularly among the technorati in Silicon Valley. It’s even a plot point in the CBS show “The Good Fight.”

Dr. Johnson said that in 2005, he volunteered to work in the “bad trip” tent at Burning Man, the festival in the Nevada desert known for rampant drug use.

For decades, though, researchers have shunned the study of psychedelics. “In the 1960s, they were on the cutting edge of neuroscience research and understanding how the brain worked,” Dr. Johnson said. “But then it got out of the lab.”

Research stopped, in part, because the use of mind-altering drugs like LSD and mushrooms became a hallmark of hippie counterculture.

The researchers who conducted the new study included Roland R. Griffiths, a professor in the departments of psychiatry and neurosciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, who is one of the most prominent researchers on the behavioral and subjective effects of mood-altering drugs. The researchers reviewed data going back to the 1940s.

Dr. Johnson said that the F.D.A. had approved a number of trials of psilocybin. If its use is approved for patients, he said, “I see this as a new era in medicine.”

He added, “The data suggests that psychedelics are powerful behavioral agents.” In legal studies, he said, participants are given a capsule with synthetic psilocybin. (They are not given mushrooms to eat, which is how the drug is most often ingested.)

He warned, though, that psilocybin is not a panacea for everyone. In their analysis, the researchers called for strict controls on its use. There are areas of risk, too, for patients with psychotic disorders and anyone who takes high doses of the drug.

Hvis du ikke er i stemning til at tage stoffer, så kommer du formentlig heller ikke i stemning af at tage dem.
<@jimfear> jeg kom engang mens jeg dødløftede

Dedikeret medlem
Brugeravatar

Uden at vide en skid, lyder reklassifikationen fra schedule I til IV, næsten som et større spring end fks en afkriminalisering af cannabis

NL: Efter der var problemer med vaskemaskine i lidt over en måned har jeg fået et nyt forhold til at vaske tøj. I stedet for at udskyde det indtil jeg ikke har andre muligheder end at vaske, får jeg rent faktisk gjort det løbende.

Medlem

Læbepomaden skrev:
Uden at vide en skid, lyder reklassifikationen fra schedule I til IV, næsten som et større spring end fks en afkriminalisering af cannabis

Da MDMA skulle indplaceres i systemet her, foreslog en dommer en placering i schedule III (på linje med medicinsk GHB og anaboler, strengere kontrol end benzodiazepiner, mindre end opioider og kokain) med en velræsonneret kendelse. Den blev omstødt af chefen for DEA (hvilket var hans ret; det stod også i kendelsen). Resultatet har været den velkendte forskningsmæssige stilstand. Så ja, det vil være et stort skridt. Myndigheden ONDCP er lovmæssigt forpligtet til at bekæmpe et sådant skridt med alle midler[1] - det er en del af det Hvide Hus, så de har en del at skulle have sagt.

[1] http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/drug-czar-required/

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 3 indlæg ] 

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time [DST ]